Complete Sports (CS) is Nigeria’s number one all-sports daily newspaper. It was first published in December 1995. It is the most widely read sports publication in Nigeria. (All Media and Product Survey (AMPS) research, 2008 and 2009).
Complete Sports (CS) is published by Complete Communications Limited (CCL). CCL is the oldest and longest-running sports publishing group in Nigeria. It was established in 1984 but incorporated as CCL in 1987.
Other publications in the CCL stable are Complete Football (CF) magazine (established in 1985) and International Soccer (i-Soccer) which was originally established as International Soccer Review (ISR) in 1990.
The group had also previously published Sports Souvenir, Nigeria’s first weekly sports newspaper (1984), Climax magazine (1988), Complete Football International (1994), and Complete Football Extra (1995).
Complete Sports (CS) is currently the flagship publication in the CCL Group. Complete Sports Saturday (CSS) is the Saturday edition.
The primary focus of CS and CSS is sports news about Nigeria and the exploits of Nigerian sportsmen and women both at home and abroad, particularly the footballers.
CS and CSS are circulated nationwide in Nigeria and partly in neighboring countries the Benin Republic and Cameroun.
Complete Sports newspapers have the largest circulation figures in Nigeria in the sports category and the second-largest circulation in the general newspaper category (AMPS research, 2008 and 2009)
CS and CSS are read mostly by young and middle-aged males between 13 and 55years of age (75%). Older males and women make up the rest (25%).